Cute spring eats are on the menu, and these look almost too good to devour—almost.
Recipe and photography by Heather Holly, welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 celery stick
1 package baby carrots (about 40)
½ cup ranch dressing
- Put ½ cup of ranch dressing in a ramekin or small bowl.
- Arrange the baby carrots so they surround the bowl, and place a celery stalk “flower stem.” A leafy piece of celery works best to mimic leaves.
Recipe and photography by Paula Biggs, frogpricepaperie.com
1 package white gum paste
1 bag white candy melts or candy coating
1 bag large marshmallows (one per pop)
1 bag pink triangle candies
- Remove a small amount of gum paste from the bag, roll into a ball and flatten to approximately 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a knife to cut bunny “ear” shapes out of the gum paste. Make them pointy at the bottom to help them stick into the marshmallow. Set aside to harden.
- Insert lollipop sticks halfway into the bottom of each marshmallow.
- Once the gum paste “ears” have hardened, follow package directions on bag of candy melts to heat until melted to a smooth consistency.
- Dip a marshmallow in melted candy until coated.
- Add a candy triangle “nose.”
- Insert the hardened gum paste “ears,” pressing slightly into the marshmallow.
- Place the bunny pop into Styrofoam while the candy coating sets.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you have made the desired number of bunny pops. You may need to adjust the “ears” as the candy coating hardens.
Try these spring time treats and stay tuned for part 2!