Cute spring eats are on the menu, and these look almost too good to devour—almost.
Recipe and photography by Heather Holly, welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 celery stick
1 package baby carrots (about 40)
½ cup ranch dressing
- Put ½ cup of ranch dressing in a ramekin or small bowl.
- Arrange the baby carrots so they surround the bowl, and place a celery stalk “flower stem.�? A leafy piece of celery works best to mimic leaves.
Recipe and photography by Paula Biggs, frogpricepaperie.com
1 package white gum paste
1 bag white candy melts or candy coating
1 bag large marshmallows (one per pop)
1 bag pink triangle candies
- Remove a small amount of gum paste from the bag, roll into a ball and flatten to approximately 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a knife to cut bunny “ear�? shapes out of the gum paste. Make them pointy at the bottom to help them stick into the marshmallow. Set aside to harden.
- Insert lollipop sticks halfway into the bottom of each marshmallow.
- Once the gum paste “ears�? have hardened, follow package directions on bag of candy melts to heat until melted to a smooth consistency.
- Dip a marshmallow in melted candy until coated.
- Add a candy triangle “nose.�?
- Insert the hardened gum paste “ears,�? pressing slightly into the marshmallow.
- Place the bunny pop into Styrofoam while the candy coating sets.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you have made the desired number of bunny pops. You may need to adjust the “ears�? as the candy coating hardens.
Try these spring time treats and stay tuned for part 2!