Shake-it-up Blueberry Ice Cream is a fun activity that comes with yummy results!
High-energy children will love to shake up this simple Shake-it-up Blueberry Ice Cream recipe. Even toddlers can make their own desserts. Forget about expensive ice cream makers; your kids will use their excess energy to shake this treat to completion!
Shake-it-up Blueberry Ice Cream
Each shake bag of ice cream creates 1 serving
Prep time: Under 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
½ cup cream or half-and-half
1 Tablespoon sugar
¼ cup frozen blueberries
1 zip-top sandwich bag
1 gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag
Ice cubes, enough to fill each bag one-third full
5 Tablespoons ice cream salt (rock salt)
1. Place cream, vanilla, sugar and blueberries into the sandwich bag and zip shut.
2. Fill large zip-top plastic bag about one-third full with ice and add ice cream salt. Place sealed sandwich bag inside and seal the larger bag.
3. Shake the large bag for about 5 minutes, then open and remove the sandwich bag. Squeeze the ice cream into a bowl and serve.
Shake-it-up Blueberry Ice Cream Tips:
• Make this recipe sugar-free by substituting an alternative sweetener for the sugar, such as stevia.
• If your kids don’t like blueberries, use ¼ cup of any fresh or frozen fruit.
• Instead of fruit, experiment with flavored syrup or a tablespoon of fruit jam.
By Torrey Kim