These Sand Dollar Cupcakes are the perfect accompaniment to a seaside themed party!
A day at the beach: there’s nowhere you’d rather be on a warm summer’s day. So make this the location of your child’s birthday party, or just a party (you never need an excuse to have one of those!). And these Sand Dollar Cupcakes are as cute as can be. To save time, you could even start with store-bought cupcakes, and then just assemble them. We at Yum Food & Fun hope you are enjoying summer just as much as we do.
Sand Dollar Cupcakes
Cupcakes and white frosting (your favorite recipes or store-bought mixes)
Seafoam green foil cupcake liners
Green or blue food coloring
Graham cracker crumbs
White candy melts
Sand dollar candy mold
1. Bake cupcakes in cupcake liners. Tint frosting light green or pale blue and frost cupcakes when cool.
2. While the frosting is still wet, sprinkle the cupcakes with graham cracker crumbs.
3. Melt candy melts in the microwave in a small glass bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
4. Quickly pour the melted candy melts into the sand dollar mold.
5. Freeze the mold for 15 minutes or until you’re ready to finish the cupcakes.
6. When you’re ready to finish the cupcakes, carefully remove the candy sand dollars from the mold and lightly press one into the top of each cupcake.
Projects written, created and styled by Sara Westbrook and Brittany Egbert for One Charming Party
Photography by Nicole Hill Gerulat