Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook and grill time: 7-10 minutes total
8-10 ears of fresh corn
Large pot of boiling water
1. Shuck corn and break ears in half.
2. Place in a pot of rapidly boiling unsalted water for 5 minutes.
3. Place ears on grill directly over the heat source and paint with melted butter.
4. Turn ears until all sides have gentle sear marks (approximately 2-3 minutes).
5. Serve with seasoning mixes (recipes follow).
Corn Seasoning Mixes
Here are some of our favorite combinations. Mix up as many as you like and place in small jars or shakers with decorative labels and ribbons, if desired.
• Basil-Red Pepper Seasoning
Combine 1 Tablespoon ground basil, 2 teaspoons red pepper or paprika and 1 Tablespoon salt.
• Cajun Seasoning
Combine 2 Tablespoons salt, 2 teaspoons cayenne, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme and 1 teaspoon paprika. (Or, take the easy route and use a prepared Cajun seasoning mix such as Chef Paul’s Vegetable Magic.)
• Chipotle Seasoning
Combine 2 Tablespoons chipotle chili powder with 1 Tablespoon salt.
• Garlic Seasoning
Combine 1 Tablespoon garlic powder with 1 Tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon parsley flakes.
• Lime Seasoning
Combine 2 Tablespoons powdered lime juice (such as True Lime or similar) with 1 Tablespoon salt.
• Pink Seasoning
Grind or crush pink salt crystals using a mortar and pestle
Recipes by Yum Food & Fun Staff
Photography by Bret Gum
Styled by Jacqueline deMontravel