Makes 2 lbs.
Prep time: 5 minutes, plus 2 hours to chill
Cook time: 4 minutes, plus 1 hour to chill
Note: 3 hours of refrigeration time is needed.
1 8-ounce package candy canes
1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 12-ounce package white chocolate chips
1. Place candy canes in a food processor and process until crushed, or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl 1-2 minutes on high until melted, stirring once.
3. Add peppermint extract, stirring well. Spread evenly on a large 12- x 16-inch baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Place chocolate mixture in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour to set.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl 1-2 minutes on high until melted, stirring once.
5. Spread over semisweet chocolate and top evenly with crushed candy canes.
6. Refrigerate 1 more hour or until set. Break into pieces.