Penne Pasta with Fresh Vegetables is a light, refreshing meal for you and your family.
The answer to your dinnertime dilemma is here: Penne Pasta with Fresh Vegetables. Full of broccoli, onions, fresh mushrooms and tomatoes, this hearty pasta is filled with color and rich flavors. Topped with cheese and fresh basil, have dinner ready and on the table in only 30 minutes!
Penne Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 lb. penne pasta
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
3 Tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Make pasta according to the package instructions. During the final 3 minutes, add the broccoli to the pasta to boil. Drain pasta and broccoli.
2. In the same pot, heat the olive oil. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning and sauté until onions and garlic are transparent.
3. Pour flour over the vegetables in the pot and stir until coated.
4. In the same pot, add the cherry tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked pasta and cooked broccoli. Heat to boiling.
5. Once boiling, remove from heat and add shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Written and photographed by Kristen Doyle, dineanddish.net