These can be made a day ahead or with the kids as a party activity.
Makes 24 servings
Prep time: Approx. 30-40 minutes
1 package mint-flavored Oreos or similar cookies
1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
Parchment or waxed paper
1 bag of small pretzel sticks
48 green jellybeans
Spider toppings: Purple sugar sprinkles and/or chocolate jimmies
1. Process Oreos or chocolate cookies to crumbs in a food processor.
2. Transfer crumbs to a mixing bowl, and use hands to mix in the softened cream cheese.
3. Roll the mixture to 24 balls and place on a parchment or wax paper-lined sheet or dish.
4. Press each ball lightly into a spider topping.
5. Add 3 pretzels to each side of the cookie ball (6 total) for legs.
6. Add 2 green eyes to each spider.
7. Return each spider to the parchment-lined sheet and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe by Shanna Coady
Photography by Bret Gum