A surprise flavoring makes this Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich a delicious lunch idea.
Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
A simple store-bought salad dressing gives this combo a flavorful punch.
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
1 cup store-bought Italian salad dressing
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 for lunch, 2 for dinner)
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Optional: Garnish with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and cheese
1. Pour ¾ cup of salad dressing oven chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Close tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Place chicken over medium heat and grill for 8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Brush the remaining ¼ cup marinade over chicken breasts as they are being grilled.
3. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns with desired garnish.
Are you all out of your favorite store-bought Italian salad dressing to make the Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich? Don’t fret! You can make your own at home by following this simple recipe:
Homemade Italian Salad Dressing
Makes: 1 cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
2. This salad dressing may be covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Written and photographed by Kristen Doyle, dineanddish.net