Ready-made cookies are easily transformed into adorable feathered friends
These put-together turkey cookies are easy and fun to make, and they are so adorable that they create quite a stir. Whether used as an after-dinner treat arranged into a flock that fills up a serving platter or placed at each table setting for an edible decoration, they are sure to be a hit.
Makes 16 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
8 Nabisco® Pinwheel cookies, or similar, for the body
8 Keebler® Fudge Stripe cookies, or similar, for the tail feathers
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for adhering pieces together and to make the eyes)
16 pieces of candy corn for the face
Chocolate sprinkles, optional
1. Cut cookies in half with a knife and set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate chips gently in a microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water on the stove.
3. Dip the back of a teaspoon into the melted chocolate.
4. Use the melted chocolate like glue and apply to both cut ends of the half pinwheel.
5. Apply half of a striped cookie to the pinwheel on the striped side with the curve facing up.
6. Apply melted chocolate to a piece of candy corn and attach it to the top portion of the pinwheel cookie, point downward (like a beak).
7. With a toothpick, apply 2 chocolate dots on the candy corn for eyes. Add a chocolate sprinkle to each dot for a 3-D effect, if desired.
8. Place the “turkeys” back to back for support on a dish or cookie sheet while the chocolate hardens.
For each bird, you’ll use ½ Nabisco® Pinwheel cookie or similar for the body, ½ Keebler®
Fudge Stripe cookie or similar for the feathers, and 1 candy corn for the face.
Written and photographed by Hillary Black
Recipe by Desiree Noriega