Who doesn’t love something dipped in chocolate! Almost anything and everything goes.
Makes 36 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
4 ounces milk chocolate, broken into pieces
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
Parchment or waxed paper
12 large pretzel sticks
12 Oreo™ cookies, or other chocolate cookies
A selection of Halloween toppings of choice
Lollipop sticks or craft sticks, if making marshmallow ghosts
Black icing (optional)
1. Place the chocolate and cream in a bowl over simmering water. Stir until everything is completely melted. (This can also be done carefully in a microwave.)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
3. Place your toppings of choice in different containers. You can use bowls for dipping items such as cookies and plates for rolling pretzel sticks.
3. Dip each item in the melted chocolate. Then, dip into your topping of choice. It’s nice to keep consistency by picking one topping for each thing—i.e., orange and white dots for Oreos, confetti topping for pretzels.
5. Place each completed treat on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set. Note: These can be made a day ahead.
6. To make the marshmallow ghosts, insert a lollipop stick at the top of each marshmallow and use black icing to add a face.
Recipe by Shanna Coady
Photography by Bret Gum