Grilled Chicken Kabobs will have you firing up the grill this summer.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)
Cook time: 15 minutes
¼ cup vegetable oil
1⁄3 cup honey
1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
10 cherry tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, honey, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
2. Place the chicken, cherry tomatoes and peppers in the large bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Drain the marinade from the chicken and vegetables. Discard the used marinade.
5. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers; thread vegetable pieces onto different skewers.
6. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
7. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs Remixed
For a quick lunch later in the week, add warm Grilled Chicken Kabobs (removed from the skewers) to heated tortillas for tasty chicken fajitas.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs nutrition facts per serving:
230 calories, 10 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 200 mg sodium,
25 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber,
12 grams sugar, 20 grams protein
Written and photographed by Kristen Doyle, dineanddish.net