These adorable candy-cane cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your next Christmas party.
There are few dishes on a holiday table that wouldn’t be missed. Ham, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and Aunt Peg’s weird cauliflower casserole come to mind. However is it even possible to think of a Christmas without the sweets? Unheard of. So, try this idea: one of the most festive and fun recipes around.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 package white cake mix
Store-bought buttercream frosting
Red decorating sugar
1. Follow cake mix directions and bake cupcakes.
2. After cupcakes cool, slice the top off each cupcake to make a flat surface.
3. Use a large Wilton 1M cake decorating tip and pipe a spiral with buttercream frosting.
4. Place red decorating sugar inside the spiral design to resemble a lollipop.
5. Just before serving cut a small slit in the side of each cupcake and insert a craft stick tied with a red ribbon.
Written and styled by Jacqueline deMontravel
Produced by Diane Sedo
Photography by Mark Tanner