Make Buttery Sweetheart Crackers for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day!
Make Buttery Sweetheart Crackers for your kids for a treat they won’t be able to resist. These crackers are easy to make (and take less than 20 minutes from start to finish) and just use four ingredients! Here’s to a lovely Valentine’s Day to you and your family.
Buttery Sweetheart Crackers
Makes 4-5 dozen crackers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
1 refrigerated piecrust, softened at room temperature for 30 minutes
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
Liquid red food coloring
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Dust a cutting board with flour, and then unroll the refrigerated piecrust. Using a 1-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts from the dough and place them in a single layer on the baking sheet. If desired, gather piecrust scraps and roll out again to cut additional crackers.
3. Melt the butter in a small skillet. Transfer to a small ingredients bowl and whisk in 2-4 drops red food coloring to achieve desired color. You’ll want to go bolder because the color will mellow when it’s brushed onto the dough.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush all of the crackers with the pink/red butter. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Bake crackers for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cooled crackers can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Written and photographed by Sarah W. Caron, sarahscucinabella.com