These sweet bunny treats will get little ones hoppin’ around with Easter excitement.
Itty Bitty Sweets Bunny Cupcakes
Your favorite cupcakes and white frosting
Pink food paste
Licorice or twine
Gum paste (available at cake decorating stores)
1. Bake your favorite cupcakes and cool completely.
2. Add pink food paste to your favorite buttercream frosting.
3. Spread a generous dollop of frosting on each cupcake, bringing frosting to the edge.
4. For each cupcake: Add 2 chocolate chips for eyes, one candy heart for nose and one piece of chocolate sprinkle for mouth. Cut 4 pieces of licorice or twine for whiskers, and add gum paste ears (recipe follows).
Gum Paste Ears
1. Roll out premade gum paste.
2. Use the bottom of a rounded spoon handle to trace “ears”; use a knife to cut out.
3. Allow to dry at least 8 hours inside a bowl so they 3 will look floppy.
Receipe by Page Bowen
Photography by Todd Porter and Diane Cu