Hearty Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Muffins are ideal for grabbing on the go.
Make up a batch to have on hand of warm, delicious Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Muffins. When time is running short, grab one and go. To avoid harmful additives, use uncured bacon. The start of school after a long summer break means the shock of getting back into a regular morning routine. Don’t let skipping breakfast be an option on rushed mornings. Make this recipes that is designed to keep your kids nourished and still be on time for the start of their school day.
Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes • Cook time: 20 minutes
1 cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (use kitchen shears to easily chop cooked bacon)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil together. Stir in the bacon crumbles and cheddar cheese.
2. Add the dry ingredients, stirring as you go, incorporating just until blended.
3. Fill paper liners or greased muffin cups 2⁄3 full. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until cooked all the way through.
4. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the muffin pan, placing on a wire rack to cool. Best served warm.
Get perfect bacon every time with less mess than frying.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cook the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
3. Once cooked, carefully remove the bacon from the pan using tongs and blot with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Alternatively, you can place bacon on a wire cooling rack on top of a foil-lined cookie sheet to cook.
Written and photographed by Kristen Doyle, dineanddish.net